Our first story is that AEROTHAI has announced the appointment of their new president, Mr. Nopasit Chakpitak. His extensive experience in engineering and digital innovation has made him a specialist in the field. This will encourage further development of AEROTHAI and support the aviation industry.
Secondly, ENAIRE's Board of Directors recently approved a large investment of 2.7 million euros to automate its processes. The objectives of this process automation are to: improve and optimise processes, increase digitisation and automation, improve data quality, optimise resources and enhance employee satisfaction.
In market news, Indra has equipped three French air bases with its state-of-the-art air traffic management system and radar. The purpose of this installation is to support air operations at these three bases with maximum efficiency and security.
Finally, it's good news for Indian aviation as the British Aviation Group has said India's airports could see a full recovery within a year. If forecasts are to be believed, domestic air traffic in the country could almost touch pre-pandemic levels by the same time next year.
- AEROTHAI announced the appointment of President - AEROTHAI, ANSP of Thailand, is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Nopasit Chakpitak as the President.
- ENAIRE invests 2.7 million euros in process automation - ENAIRE's Board of Directors approved an investment of 2.7 million euros to automate its processes. The objectives of this process automation are to: improve and optimise processes, increase digitisation and automation, improve data quality, optimise resources and enhance employee satisfaction.
- Strong recovery and war in Ukraine sees en-route demand spike for FAB CE states - The war in the Ukraine and recovery from the COVID pandemic has seen a surge of over 20% in over-flight numbers handled by FAB CE states in a single month, according to the latest Eurocontrol traffic statistics for February 14 – March 14.
- Bahrain Airport Services enlists SITA to deliver new airport management system, optimizing efficiency and decision-making - Bahrain Airport Services has signed a contract with SITA to deploy SITA Airport Management, enabling BAS to manage its ground handler operations as cost effectively as possible and ensure the services are delivered in a timely manner, avoiding flight delays.
- Airservices releases Trax Interim Report - Airservices - Airservices Australia has today released the ‘Brisbane New Parallel Runway Flight Paths Post Implementation Review Independent Assurance Interim Report’ completed by Trax International. Trax has completed the first phase of their review, identifying potential improvement opportunities across five key areas.
- Indra equips three French air bases with its state-of-the-art air traffic management system and radar - The French Ministry of Defence, under the Direction Générale de l'Armement, has chosen the air traffic management and radar system from Indra, a leading global technology and consultancy company, to support air operations at three of its bases with maximum efficiency and security.
- Thales to provide Dubai International Airport with TopSky - Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects has selected TopSky – ATC, Thales’ advanced Air Traffic Management system, to enhance safety, capacity and efficiency of air navigation services.
- The EUROCONTROL NM ensures more efficient, sustainable flights - Even in challenging circumstances, the EUROCONTROL Network Manager continues to optimise flight planning by ensuring more efficient, sustainable flights.
Reports and data
- India's Airports Could See A Full Recovery Within A Year - British Aviation Group - Recent projections from the government and independent agencies paint a positive picture of aviation recovery in India. If forecasts are to be believed, domestic air traffic in the country could almost touch pre-pandemic levels by the same time next year. International traffic will also see a significant upward trajectory, although somewhat slower than domestic by some estimates.
Research and innovation
- AAI and BEL join hands to develop indigenous Air Traffic Management Systems - In a major boost to Government’s “Make in India” Initiative, Airports Authority of India (AAI), under its R & D initiative has entered into an agreement with Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the joint, indigenous development of systems for air traffic management and surface movement of aircraft at airports in the country which were hitherto being imported.
- Tomorrow's Aviation - IBG Sweden - Imagine a sustainable, optimized, and safe airspace where people and goods travel effortlessly in both manned and unmanned vehicles; a system maximized to its fullest potential, promoting social welfare and economic growth. This could be true and attainable in the near future.
UAV and UTM
- SESAR 3 JU partners validate safe integration of remote piloted aircraft systems - In March, SESAR 3 JU founding member, Indra, organised a virtual open day to present the results of research into enabling the safe integration of remote piloted aircraft systems in controlled airspace (PJ.13, Solution #117). The research is part of the activities of the SESAR/Horizon 2020 project, ERICA.
- ADW 2022: SESAR “to set aside EUR 200 million to help EU member states adopt U-space services” - Unmanned airspace - The SESAR JU will announce details on April 7 of its EUR 600 million funding plans for UAS related Digital European Sky SESAR 3 (SJU) research and innovation projects, with a further EUR 200 million set aside to stimulate market uptake by Member States.
- US Virginia Department of Aviation reports over 2,500 UAS advisories in first year - Unmanned airspace - The Virginia Department of Aviation and partners reports that the Virginia Flight Information Exchange, with just over a year in production, now has more than 100 government users representing 41 state and local government agencies that have published more than 2,500 permanent and temporary advisories.
Weekly review #191 - 15th March
First up this week, Indra will play a critical role in one of the most pioneering...
Weekly review #190 - 8th March
First up this week, the board of directors of ENAIRE approved a file in open procedure...