First up this week, FREQUENTIS has successfully installed its vitalsphere network solution for the new Kuala Lumpur Air Traffic Control Centre. This is a major milestone in their project. The solution is based on VCX-IP and integrates the new centre in Kuala Lumpur and 21 radio sites across the country, paving the way for resilient and safe ATC radio communication.
Next, Dubai Air Navigation Services has renewed its cooperation agreement with Serco, an international public services company, for another two years ending in January 2024. This will help ensure the superiority of the quality of services it provides to the airports across Dubai and the UAE.
Finally, HAPS Alliance has released a new white paper which you can download for free. Written by the HAPS Alliance Aviation Working Group, the white paper explains Collaborative Traffic Management for the Stratosphere (CTMS), informed by the principles of Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM), as an operational end-state that enables safe and scalable operations of HAPS vehicles operating at altitude as Attended Autonomous Fleet Systems.
- FREQUENTIS installs ATM-grade network solution across Malaysia - Frequentis has successfully installed its vitalsphere network solution for the new Kuala Lumpur Air Traffic Control Centre, marking a major milestone in the project. Frequentis was chosen by Telekom Malaysia to deliver an ATM-grade radio communication solution, for the Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia.
- dans renew agreement with Serco Middle East for two years - Dubai Air Navigation Services has renewed a cooperation agreement with international public services company, Serco for another two years, ending in January 2024.
- SITTI presence increases in Chile - After the successful commissioning of the recent system at the Carriel Sur de Talcahuano airport, SITTI has delivered another Voice Communication Systems to Ad. La Independencia, Ad. Viña del Mar and Ad. Santo Domingo.
Reports and data
- EUROCONTROL Data Snapshot #29 - The 29th EUROCONTROL Data Snapshot focuses on how the length of the detour around Ukrainian and Russian airspace depends on the city-pair, but also on the nationality of the airline.
- Successful recovery of aviation was overshadowed by the number of overflights decrease by half - Oro navigacija - This year the first two months were successful for aviation and Oro Navigacija recorded recovery of flight intensity to the pre-pandemic level. Nevertheless, the data of the Enterprise shows that in March the number of overflights decreased by 49% because of the situation in eastern Europe.
- Fraport Traffic Figures – March 2022: Upward Trend in Passenger Traffic Continues - Aircraft movements in March 2022 climbed by 97.0 percent year-on-year to 26,941 takeoffs and landings at FRA.
Research and innovation
- Defining the ORAT Scope - To70 - This blog will focus on the mechanism behind defining the scope for Operational Readiness, Activation and Transition (ORAT).
UAV and UTM
- HAPS Alliance White Paper describes collaborative traffic management for autonomous high altitude operations - Unmanned airspace - The HAPS Alliance, an international association of cross-industry players working to enable a High Altitude Platform Station ecosystem, has published a new white paper entitled HAPS Operation Using Attended Autonomous Fleet Systems.
- Wisk and Skyports publish joint CONOPS for autonomous UAM vertiport operations - Unmanned airspace - Wisk Aero and Skyports have jointly released a Concept of Operations which identifies how autonomous eVTOL aircraft and operators will integrate with vertiports, including interactions with Providers of Services for UAM.