Events of the week
The largest event this week is the start of the 40th ICAO general assembly. Representatives of all members of the united nations discuss all aspects of civil aviation, including ATC, drones, airports and more. The agenda is public and the debates can be seen live or in replay on the ICAO's YouTube channel.
Another event was the official opening of the Beijing Daxing International Airport. The starfish shaped terminal is the larger in the world and the airport could become the world's busiest. Many companies claim their shares, including FREQUENTIS and Thales.
Many airport professional were in London for the AIrport IT and Security conference, one of the yearly events marking the industry. Find out about more events from our events page.
Airports and ANSPs
- NATS reports 0.9% traffic increase in August
- Airports Authority of India meets with airport operators to push for A-CDM
- DFS-AS conducts a feasibility study for remote tower at two german airports
- Avinor's CEO details how they used a taxiway as runway during runway renewal at Oslo airport
- Gibraltar ATCOs reaction after the closure caused by staff shortage
- ACI released their annual world traffic report
- Switzerland chooses Thales for their new military airspace surveillance and flights operation system
- Airports Authority of India awards SITTI a contract for voice communication systems at 45 Indian airports
- AirMap acquired Hangar Technology for its highly automated drone operations platform
- Groupe ADP wins several contracts for consulting and planning in the US
- AirMap, Wing, Uber and the Swiss Federal Office of Civil aviation are the initial contributors to the Open Source Project for Drone Aviation Interoperability
- 360 Towing Solutions, a Houston based car towing company plans to send drones to stranded cars to assess the situation before sending a tow truck
- DeDrone published a "Drone detection and defense" buyer's guide
- What is UTM exactly? BVdrone CEO Jonas Stjernberg tries to answer this and identify different features in this linkedin article
- The SESAR Integrated Airports Operations presented real-time planning tools for airports at Hamburg Airport. The presentations are available on the website.
- SESAR JU and FREQUENTIS organize a Virtual Center Executive Day on the 16th of October in Vienna
- SITA blog series on Artificial Intelligence
- Lufthansa Systems uses artificial intelligence to improve turnaround management
- SITAONAIR CEO urges caution when interpreting public ADS-B feeds
Get on the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at email@example.com to get on the radar.
Subscribe and stay up to date
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our weekly reviews directly to your inbox. You will also receive our industry directory when you subscribe.
Weekly Review #202 - $100 million investment in runways from the FAA
First, we have news from the US where the FAA has awarded more than $100 million to 12...
Weekly Review #201 - New terminal buildings at Kolhapur and Dallas
First up, we have news from India, with a new terminal at Kolhapur Airport that will...