Micro Nav Ltd recently delivered a portable, voice activated ATC simulator to East Midlands Airport. This is the opportunity to discuss this project but also the simulation industry and more in an exclusive interview with Micro Nav's managing director Greg Pile.
- NICE and SkySoft-ATM to modernise LVNL's audio and video recording system
- Systems Interface Ltd gets awarded seven NDB replacement projects by HIghlands and Islands Airports - As many DVOR will be decommissioned, NDBs which are easier to maintain will remain, for the case that GPS is unavailable
Innovation and research
- Norwegian ANSP Avinor presents its remote towers solution - This page dedicated to remote towers details specific challenges created by the country's geography and shows the technology behind the project.
- COOPANS partners LFV and Naviair demonstrate airspace delegation between virtual centers. - This demonstration is made easier by the fact that all members of the alliance use the same system provided by Thales.
- INFORM on optimisation software to make de-icing proactive - The winter season comes again, together with de-icing. This article describes how technology can help make the whole process proactive and no longer reactive.
- Australian company Skykraft and indra sign a memorandum of understanding to develop a constellation of small satellites with ATM capability - There is not much information available so far and the features are not clearly defined.
Reports and trends
- EUROCONTROL seven years forecast - The autumn update of the Agency's traffic forecast until 2025 is released, together with detailed presentations
- The EUROCONTROL industry monitor for September confirms a slight increase of IFR traffic - The full report is available for download
Joe Polastre, head of UTM products at Airbus UTM presented the integration of Airbus UTM and DroneDeploy during the DroneDeploy 2019 conference. The integrated solution provides briefings and LAANC authorisations in a seamless way. The integration is being tested in private beta. A full release will arrive in Q1 2020, as a web and mobile application.
- Wireless in-flight charging system for drones - The drone industry innovates in many aspects, not only UTM. This technology allows to recharge a drone's batteries by just hovering for a few minutes within the station
- Security company Anduril annouces an interceptor drone - Counter UAS systems are an important topic and this company proposes a drone to intercept other drones
- Thales will lead the Geosafe SESAR project on geofencing - Together with AirMap, Atechsys, AirMaring and SPH engineering, automated flight planning. The project plans 280 flights with 16 different types of drones.
NATS on technology
NATS completed the transition to electronic strips in the last of their control room, the London Terminal Control Center. At this occasion, NATS released a web page full of information on the technology, the project and how they managed the transition.
NATS also released a report on using technology to enhance arrivals and departures - This article resulting from SESAR 2020 projects details possible interactions between a systemised airspace management tool, an AMAN and Airport Demand Capacity Balancing.
Get more from the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the radar.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our weekly reviews directly to your inbox. You will also receive our industry directory when you subscribe.
Weekly Review #192 - Istanbul airport to service 200m passengers - 22nd March
First up this week, we have news from Istanbul with its Grand Airport set to...
Weekly review #191 - 15th March
First up this week, Indra will play a critical role in one of the most pioneering...