An airport partly run by an artificial intelligence, a new partnership offering technical and operational airport expertise from a single source, an air taxi UAV now available in cargo version and the roof of an ATC facility collapsing, there is never a dull moment in the ATC and airport industry. You can also find more, including analysis, events and jobs on our website.
- Lateral separation reduced in the North Atlantic Tracks System - This is the next step of the introduction of space-based ADS-B by aireon. Lateral separation over the ocean is reduced from 23 to 19 NM.
- Isavia announces financial losses in the wake of airline trouble - The Icelandic ANSP and airport operator suffers from the bankruptcy of WOW air and the trouble at Icelandair.
- EUROCONTROL plans for digital NOTAMS - The "graphical PIB" SESAR project will change how NOTAMs are dispatched and represented.
- Finavia present results of artificial intelligence based aircraft stand allocation - Results at an airport with only 12 aircraft stands shows 61% delays reduction during very high peak traffic.
- Roof collapses at Subang ATC facility, causing delays in Kuala Lumpur
- ADB Safegate and Munich Airport International join forces to offer integrated services - The consulting branch of Munich Airport and the technology provider ADB Safegate will work together to offer technical and operational services together.
- ENAV IDS awarded an AMHS contract in Zambia - The company recently bought by Italian ANSP ENAV will provide a new AMHS system in Zambia.
- UFA ATC training simulators in German Kaufbeuren ATM Training - The military ATC training subsidiary of DFS is now officially inaugurated.
- Dubai ANSP dans extends Serco contract for two years - Serco prodives ATC services to the UAE ANSP operating both Dubai International and Dubai World Central airports.
- indra to provide Chengdu airport with new ATM automation systems - This article also mentions impressive figures about the presence of the Spanish company in China.
- Milano Linate airport reopens after a massive refurbishment program - Besides runway and terminal refurbishment, the ATC infrastructure has been renewed as well, including a new VCS by SITTI.
Innovation and research
- SmartSky teams with IATA to improve reporting and distribution of turbulence information - This will increase the reach of IATA's turbulence management program, particularly in the domain of business aviation.
- Integration of search and rescue drones in Croatian airspace - This paper details how Croatia Control AMC tool helps integration of mountain search and rescue drones with ATC.
- German DFS UTM system as enabler for commercial use of drones - This article explains the status of the current UTM system in DFS, the next steps and the reasons why it is required to enable commercial drone operations in Germany.
- AirMap introduces a private UTM systems - Drone Operation Center allows companies using drones on their own premises to define local flight plans, no-drone zones and more.
- VoloCopter introduces a cargo version of their air taxi - The german company well known for its advanced air taxi prototype announced a cargo version capable of transporting up to 200 kgs to 40 kilometers.
Get more from the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at email@example.com to get on the radar.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our weekly reviews directly to your inbox. You will also receive our industry directory when you subscribe.
Weekly Review #202 - $100 million investment in runways from the FAA
First, we have news from the US where the FAA has awarded more than $100 million to 12...
Weekly Review #201 - New terminal buildings at Kolhapur and Dallas
First up, we have news from India, with a new terminal at Kolhapur Airport that will...