The need for more airport capacity is clear and with limited infrastructure, the community agrees that predictability is the key to capacity. A-CDM keeps progressing, also outside of Europe but it is only the beginning. After our interview with Christiaan Hen on how Assaia's Apron AI uses computer vision to improve the turnaround process at London Gatwick, we talked this week with ATRiCS's Moritz Strasser on what it takes to provide A-CDM components to airports in four different countries and what the future of the A-CDM concept will look like.
- Highlands and Islands Airport remote towers will be discussed at Scottish Parliament - The discussion will not be about technology or safety but about possibly losing high-paying jobs (read income taxes)
- Remote tower delayed in the Loveland (Colorado) - Contractual issues related to staffing delay the start of operations. This could in turn delay airlines coming back to this airport.
- London City hits 5 millions passengers milestone - A total of 5'100'025 travellers flew into and out of the airport in 2019, a 6.3%increase on the previous year.
- London Heathrow deploys a new drone detection system - The system includes sensors from Robin Radar and Aveillant
- EUROCONTROL awards FREQUENTIS Comsoft five-year contract for the ARTAS maintenance - The Austrian company will continue the maintenance of the European radar tracker
- Wizz Air first in Europe to pioneer ACARS over IP with SITAONAIR
- FAA selects Raytheon to continue STARS development - One of the goals is to achieve a single national software and hardware baseline across the country by the middle of 2020.
- ICAO position on roles and responsibilities regarding civilan airspace safety - In light of the recent events in Iran, ICAO came under scrutiny. This article details what are the responsibilities of member states,
UAV and UTM
- CanardDrones in demonstrate ILS measurements with a drone - This time the demonstration took place at Elde (NL) and the integration with ATC was such that it was not necessary to close the runway during the measurements
- Frequentis and Altitude Angel selected by Avinor for the country wide UTM system - The system will be deployed at 18 airports in 2020 to coordinate drone flights in controlled airspace.
Get more from the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the radar.