The EUROCONTROL Network Manager (NM for short) was at center stage this week with a very lively User Forum. The whole ATM and airports community took part and airlines joined as well. The NM will be in the spotlight in the coming weeks too. The call for tenders for the 10 years modernisation project nicknamed "iNM" will be published on Monday and the whole industry is building up teams already.
- Traffic growth in Switzerland weaker than expected - The Swiss ANSP skyguide joins the growing list of ANSPs reporting less traffic than expected. At some point, this trend could have hard financial consequences.
- Traffic stop in Norway due to a technical problem - Avinor had a 90 minutes traffic stop due to a technical issue. The article details measures in place to cope with such situations, including agreements with neighbouring ANSPs.
- NAV CANADA will re-open an ATC services at Montreal-Mirabel - The service was limited to a Flight Service Station but a review shown that a full ATC tower would be better. It will operate 16 hours a day.
- Vaisala donates three weather observation systems to the Bahamas - The company provided systems before hurricane Dorian hit the region and destroy them. Vaisala now given three new systems, including installation, to support the region's recovery efforts.
- AirNav Indonesia awards Micro Nav a contract for a new ATC simulator - The new system will have 8 ATCO working positions and 12 pseudo-pilot positions.
- Sri Lanka suspends a contract award to Thales - Strong critics are made to the company's commercial practices. Leonardo and Indra are also strongly criticised.
- Air Navigation Solutions selects SITTI for Gatwick and Edinburgh - The Italian company will provide new voice communication systems for the two airports.
- Most airports have cyber-security issues - This detailed reports shows which cyber-security weaknesses exists at various airports
- A-CDM at Prague Airport - Past and future - Prague implemented A-CDM back in September 2015. The processes evolved since then and will keep evolving. This article discusses the challenges of the implementation, the achievements and the steps ahead.
- "Europe for Aviation” teaming up to tackle sustainability, capacity and innovation at the 2020 World ATM Congress - The team is made of eight organisations and will have a common stand at the World ATM Congress in Madrid.
Research and innovation
- SESAR investigates how to automate complex clearances in support of free-route airspace operations - NATS and Indra worked on easier ways to transmit bespoke waypoints
- SESAR introduces the SESAR digital academy - The mission of the academy is to nurture Europe’s brightest minds and advance learning, scientific excellence and innovation in aviation and ATM
UAV and UTM
- Matternet starts its 3rd medical samples transport operation using drones - UAVs are used so reduce the time of transporting blood samples from the hospital to the analysis laboratory
- skeyes creates a UTM company - The Belgian ANSP's new subsidiary will concentrate all drone related activities.
Get more from the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at email@example.com to get on the radar.