What shall we change?
We write the weekly reviews here and on the newsletter to provide you with hand-picked market information, valuable insights and longer term strategical knowledge too. Today we ask for your feedback: when do you want to receive the reviews? Is Friday ok or would another day work better? What about the contents, shall we put more of this, less of that? A major upgrade is coming and this is the perfect moment to have your say... Contact us with your feedback, ideas, wishes and help us prepare a better FoxATM Market Radar for you.
- skyguide blueprint 2020 - Interviews and information about what is going on within the Swiss ANSP. Virtual center, transformation, software factory but also changes at operational level.
- NAV Portugal statistics per tower in 2019 - This PDF from NAV Portugal shows traffic statistics for 2019 for each tower. Document in Portuguese.
- Liège and Brussels South Charleroi air traffic to be controlled from a digital tower in Namur in 2024 - Remote tower projects keep gaining momentum and two are now coming at Belgian regional airports.
- SMATSA handles more traffic in 2019 - The Serbia and Montenegro Air Traffic Services (SMATSA) handled 764,218 flights in 2019, up 6.7% on the year.
- NATS recognised for environmental progress - For the second consecutive year, NATS has been awarded a B grade by CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) for its progress towards addressing the risks presented by climate change.
- Group ADP results for 2019 - The French airport operator groupe ADP published impressive results for 2019, both in terms of passengers and of finances.
- Schiphol APOC opening - The airport inaugurated their new Airport Operations Center this week. This video shows a few images and it looks like a very nice APOC indeed.
- Abu Dhabi Airports has upgraded the Airfield Lighting System of the Southern Runway to a CAT-IIIB system
- SITTI to provide an emergency VCS to Armenia - The Armenian Air Navigation Service Provider, awarded SITTI the supply of a new emergency Voice Communication System (VCS) to be installed in ARMATS Emergency Centre nearby ZVARTNOTS Yerevan International Airport.
- Preparing the network to weather any storms in 2020 - To keep the negative aspects of bad weather from affecting the busy summer period, NM held its first big cross-border weather meeting of the year on 6 February, discussing with 30 representatives from air navigation service providers, meteorological services and airlines the major issues to be tackled, and coming up with concrete ideas for handling bad weather better this summer.
- Registration for the SESAR Walking Tours at World ATM Congress is open - The tours are the best way to get most out of your visit at the ATM Congress, particularly if your time is limited.
- EUROCAE Symposium on the 29th and 30th of April in Geneva - The agenda of the symposium is now available and registration is open. Topics include urban air mobility, total airport management, digital transformation and more.
- Altimetry errors and RVSM by EUROCONTROL - While RVSM has been in operation for a long time now, it is still worth discussion. EUROCONTROL and the FAA organise a common workshop on this topic from the 29th of June to the 1st of July.
- EUROCONTROL airport corner - The airport corner is used by more than 110 airports to share and participate in various network processes. It also has a public part containing lots of statistics and information about current and upcoming projects.
Research and innovation
- EASA roadmap on AI in aviation - Artificial Intelligence is impacting a broad range of industries and aviation will be no exception. Regulations and certification standards will have to adapt and this will be quite a challenge. The EASA published their first roadmap, which goes beyond ATC but will also set the bases for ATC and airports.
Get more from the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at email@example.com to get on the radar.