First up, in news from the Netherlands, the ENAV Group, through its subsidiary IDS AirNav, has signed a contract with Luchtverkeersleiding Nederland (LVNL). The agreement includes the supply of the AIM system 'on AIR', Aeronautical Information Management in SaaS mode. IDS AirNav will be responsible for the management, maintenance and evolution of the AIM system.
Next, in news from Switzerland, Skyguide, in partnership with ADB SAFEGATE, went live at Geneva Airport on 21 March with safety upgrades as part of the Advanced Runway Safety Improvement Program. This is another step toward the European campaign to reduce runway incursions and create greater situational awareness for air traffic controllers.
We have news from Azerbaijan on the enhanced implementation of ICAO safety-related standards and recommended practices. ICAO Council President Salvatore Sciacchitano met with the Prime Minister of Azerbaijan Ali Asadov on 7 June to discuss the importance of civil aviation for the sustainable socio-economic development of Azerbaijan, as well as the contribution of Azerbaijan’s civil aviation industry to the region.
And last but not least, there's news from Poland. ERA signed a contract to deliver a Wide Area Multilateration/ADS-B system to cover the airspace above the western part of the country, including the Terminal Manoeuvring Area of the Poznan airport.
- ENAIRE increases its ability to monitor satellite signals to serve Spanish air navigation and airports - ENAIRE continues to increase its ability to monitor satellite signals to serve Spanish air navigation and airports. Satellite navigation systems, also known as GNSS systems, are increasingly used in air navigation as the main sensor in PBN, or performance-based navigation.
- 10 of the world’s biggest airport megaprojects under construction and development - British Aviation Group - International Construction examines some of the biggest projects around the world that are either underway or waiting in the departure lounge.
- Go-live of new tower solution at Geneva Airport from Skyguide and ADB SAFEGATE - Skyguide in partnership with ADB SAFEGATE, went live at Geneva Airport on March 21st with a series of safety upgrades as part of the Advanced Runway Safety Improvement Program. The implementation is a further step toward the European campaign to reduce runway incursions and create greater situational awareness for air traffic controllers.
- Contract signed with LVNL - Enav - The agreement includes the supply of the AIM system “on AIR”, Aeronautical Information Management in SaaS mode. This is a platform for the management of aeronautical data, necessary for air navigation, managed through the cloud. IDS AirNav will be responsible for the management, maintenance and evolution of the AIM system, accessible via the web thanks to a secure connection and in accordance with the highest security criteria, requested nowadays.
- ERA signed a contract to install the WAM system for TMA Poznan in Poland - ERA company is honored to inform about a contract award for a project WAM West in Poland. ERA, acting in the consortium with the ATC Branch of the local company GISS, signed a contract to deliver a Wide Area Multilateration/ADS-B system to cover the airspace above the western part of Poland, including the Terminal Manoeuvring Area of the Poznan airport. The consortium’s proposal has been chosen by PANSA after a public bidding procedure in the middle of April.
- FREQUENTIS to implement drone management solution in Lithuania - Frequentis Uncrewed Traffic Management solution in Lithuania will further support the Nordics and Baltics emerging drone market. Project will provide shared situational awareness and drone flight approval services for both air traffic controllers and drone pilots.
- Cirium and Aireon extend partnership to offer live and historical aircraft positional analytics - Cirium has blended its industry-leading schedule, fleet, flight status, weather and emissions data with Aireon’s live satellite-based aircraft tracking data for next generation positional analytics and AI. Bringing together these disparate datasets provides situational awareness at a new level of coverage, granularity and accuracy.
- Vardhman airport solutions successfully completed supply and installation of the runway - VARDHMAN announced the successful completion of the installation of the Runway Centre Line and TDZ Lights. In line with the advancements in the industry, Calicut International Airport, also known as Kozhikode International Airport, has become the pioneering AAI Airport to implement LED technology for its Runway Centerline and TDZ lights.
- Saipher performs FAT from TATIC TWR to 10 control towers - Saipher ATC was honored to welcome representatives from the Department of Airspace Control (DECEA) to perform the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) of the TATIC TWR system. The procedure is part of the system implementation process in 10 control towers, located at airfields in the states of São Paulo, Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro, Tocantins, Piauí, Amapá and Pará.
- Building a Solid Safety Argument: Key Components of a Spaceport Safety Case - In this blog post, we will explore the key components that contribute to building a solid safety argument in a spaceport safety case. Understanding these components is essential for stakeholders involved in spaceport design and operations and regulatory bodies responsible for overseeing safety in this unique domain.
- Azerbaijan enhances implementation of ICAO safety-related standards and recommended practices - During the bilateral meeting with the head of government, the President expressed ICAO’s congratulations to Azerbaijan following its successful efforts to enhance implementation of ICAO’s safety related standards and recommended practices.
Research and innovation
- “The smoothest transition of my career”: Intelligent Approach goes Dutch at Schiphol - NATS Blog - There is nothing that makes a product manager happier than getting feedback from a satisfied customer. As such I was absolutely delighted to hear about the benefits Air Traffic Control the Netherlands are enjoying after the first few months of using Intelligent Approach.
UAV and UTM
- SESAR AURA partners share project results to support ATM U-space shared airspace - Unmanned airspace - The AURA (ATM U-space InteRfAce) project investigated the development of concepts and technologies that are necessary to allow existing ATM systems and future U-space operations to interact in a safe, predictable and seamless way. One of the basic assumptions of the project is that manned and unmanned movements take place in ATM U-space Shared Airspace.