EUROCONTROL will launch a large modernisation programme aiming at replacing its core systems, including ETFMS and IFPS. The programme, dubbed iNM will certainly a massive impact on the Network Manager. Technologies like big data, machine learning and more will be a part of it. Multiple call for tenders shall be issued early in 2020 and the contracts shall be awarded by the end of 2020. The first step of this process is the iNM industry briefing day which will be held on the 6th of December at EUROCONTROL HQ.
- SMATSA to build a new ATC tower at Nis airport (Serbia) - It is not specified if this new tower will be remote / digital or classical.
- DFS and its subsidiaries - If you think that DFS is only an ANSP, think again. This special issue of DFS' magazine Transmission focusses of all the subsidiaries of the German ANSP.
- Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania complete implementation of Free Route Airspace - Romatsa, Hungaro Control and Bulatsa, all member of FAB CE completed their cross-border free route airspace implementation.
- NATS to modernize the structure of UK's airspace - This new rich website with many videos by NATS explains why the UK airspace needs a new structure, what has been done so far mostly at political level and what are the next steps.
- ENAV and SITTI sign a framework agreement for consoles - The Italian ANSP and SITTI will work together on designing and producing new consoles for ATC operational rooms.
- Airport Coordination LTD feedback on DXB runway closure - Last summer, one of the two runways of Dubai International got closed for refurbishment. ACL looks back at how the capacity got managed during this critical phase.
- PANSA lauches WebCAT, the web version of their current and planned use of airspace tool - This tool presents the status of special areas and also integrates with the Network Manager
- How does EUROCONTROL ATFM slots work - Read more from EUROCONTROL about ATFM regulation, the role of the Network Manager and how delaying some flights helps the whole network.
- GCAA incident investigation magazine - Learning from incidents is one of the pillars of safety in aviation. The UAE GCAA publishes their own magazine The Investigator, focused on incident reports.
- AltitudeAngel launches a tactical deconfliction service - This is the seconds step of their deconfliction service for drones
- FREQUENTIS white paper on drones integration - The is white paper from FREQUENTIS details how drones can be integrated with other airspace users.
Get more from the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the radar.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our weekly reviews directly to your inbox. You will also receive our industry directory when you subscribe.