We have a great article on one of the hottest, most exciting technologies around this week: computer vision applied to turnaround management. Imagine a computer "looking" at an aircraft stand and detecting events like "bridge connected", "fuelling completed" or even safety alerts like "no cones detected". Does this sound like the future of turnaround management and the future of CDM? This is what Assaia is already doing at Gatwick airport with their Apron AI technology. Read our exclusive interview with the company's Chief Customer Officer Christiaan Hen to learn more about this technology, its origin, the obstacles it encountered, the opportunities it brings and the future of using AI to improve turnaround management.
This is the latest weekly review for 2019, we'll be back on the 10th of January. This marks the end of the first year of the FoxATM Market Radar and a lot happened since the introduction of our market directory. We had great articles, interviews, 30 weekly reviews and countless news on our linkedin page which now has more than 2000 followers. We appreciate each of our early adopters, your feedback is valuable and we love to hear more from you. We have big plans for 2020 with more news, events, insights and new services to the air traffic management community - for this second year, we will shift to second gear!
But for now, we wish you and your dears a merry Christmas, a great holiday season and a positive start in the new year. See you all in 2020 :-)
- HungaroControl operates Budapest Airport's Tower remotely for a few days - The airport was operated using a remote tower during an upgrade of the physical tower
- ACR wind contract to provide ANS at 5 airports - The private Swedish ANSP has won the procurement of air navigation services, meteorological services and CNS at five airports
- Fraport USA selected to manage concessions at Newark terminal B - The US subsidiary of the operator of Frankfurt airport will manage the commercial concessions at Newark Liberty.
- Birmingham airport brings electronic flight strops and A-SMGCS in operation - The next step is the introduction of A-CDM
- The Administrative Board of the SESAR JU approved the 2020 European ATM Master Plan - This move towards a “digital European sky” by 2040 relies on bringing forward technologies that can increase the levels of automation, cyber-secure data sharing and connectivity in ATM.
- The FAT of ARTAS V9 is completed, including ground tracking - FREQUENTIS Comsoft completed the factory acceptance test of the EUROCONTROL tracker and integrated air and ground tracking will become available to users as of 2020.
Research and Innovation
- NATS extends AI trial to low visibility - The AIMEE project testing AI technology by Searidge is now extended to low visibility conditions
UAV and UTM
- Comparison of EVTOL projects - This article compares the status and maturity of 44 different eVTOL projects
Get more from the radar
We scan many information sources to keep thousands of readers informed via our linkedin page, our website and our newsletter. If you have information you want to share about your projects, products, researches or events, contact us at email@example.com to get on the radar.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our weekly reviews directly to your inbox. You will also receive our industry directory when you subscribe.
Weekly Review #202 - $100 million investment in runways from the FAA
First, we have news from the US where the FAA has awarded more than $100 million to 12...
Weekly Review #201 - New terminal buildings at Kolhapur and Dallas
First up, we have news from India, with a new terminal at Kolhapur Airport that will...