One of the positive effects of the COVID-19 crisis is the multiplication of the number of webinars on air traffic management topics. With so many virtual events, the question is not if or when you will attend one but which one. How to decide? Here are a few tips.
- Check the panel - are all panelists from the same company? Webinars are a mixture of information and promotion and this is ok, as long as the mix is welled balanced.
- Check the agenda - would you go to a conference without checking the agenda? The same applies to webinars.
- Look for Q&A - a key element to identify a good webinar is the presence of a Q&A session. A webinar with no Q&A is very likely to be very scripted, if not recorded and a pure advertisement.
- Check if a recording will be made available - this is particularly helpful if you have a conflict at the planned time.
If you look for webinars to attend, here is a list of good sources for you to start with:
- GATM has a series of virtual events planned covering many topics: collaboration and COVID-19, remote training, remote towers, state of the industry.
- International airport review also has a list of scheduled and past webinars. Some are clearly sponsored and others are more open. The one with EUROCONTROL Network Manager Director Iacopo Prissinotti was a great one.
- CANSO seems to no longer distinguish between webinars and real life events, both are published on their events page.
You can also enjoy recordings of our own FoxATM Interviews, which we continue to produce at a steady pace. They are longer then some typical videos and explore topics in detail.